register | account recovery | profile | help / abiinfo | search
show today's posts | mark all read
ukraina
tqhq.ee foorum : In English : Mopars in estonia(espesially A-Body)   1 2  
Poster Message
Swinger340
Mopars in estonia(espesially A-Body)
Do you got (a-body) mopars there.......i just think a-bodys are most common old american cars in finland so i think mayby you guys got those too. I havent see pics but mayby you hide them somewhere :lol: you got late 70´s and 80` camaros there.......but those are chevys(and kind new ones).......any real old american steal (MoPaR) :D chevy guys gonna kill me :lol:

OLDS: where did you found your charger?

Off-toppic: but want to show my hometown drag race team homepage: http://www.drunkhillracing.com/
08.02.2005 at 20:15
newton

Hi,

Mopars are the rarest of the Big Three in Estonia, at least in terms of classic cars.

We have a couple of A-bodies:
http://www.zone.ee/usakad/kollane1.JPG?2
http://www.pilt.ee/view/198031/

There was also a nice yellow Duster in the forum recently, but somehow I can't find it now. I think earlier Valiants are not considered A-bodies, but there is one featured on our site: http://www.tqhq.ee/dir.php?id=56

Olds' Charger is the only B-body I think, and there are no pre-'71 B-bodies.

Last summer the first E-body was brought to Estonia, some pictures here: http://udu.ee/newton/dodge/ It is actually a '70, the grille and taillights were swapped in the States.

There are some Aspens/Volares, M-bodies and trucks as well.
09.02.2005 at 09:06
Olds

Swinger340- my Charger arrived in Estonia from Florida past spring. The guy who arranged the deal is Ilmar. He`s nickname in this forum is pisike99
I am also sad about fewness of real Mopars in Estonia. Everyone is enraptured of GM-s unfortunately...

09.02.2005 at 09:47
Swinger340
Thanks

Dart convertible......that is sweet one

Nice challenger :cool: What engine?.......383cid?

That 69 charger on drunkhill garage page is my favorite car in my hometown (i am huge 2-gen Charger fan) :D
My day is saved when i see that charger rumbling down the street, it is 440cid.

And that 66 mustang with fat tires is kick ass car it is SB(mayby stroked..not sure) it have seen it run 10.793(no grip at start).....no NOS....i think....never seen bottles.....never seen nos solenoids in engine room....all natural :cool: That mustang builder is awesome guy....that mustang is state of art, i think.

If somebody finds that duster pic post it here....please :)
09.02.2005 at 09:59
vr_

Not A body but D sometimes called Y

http://www.usaraud.ee/?id=5_5_20_2

09.02.2005 at 11:24 Last edited 09.02.2005 at 11:24 by vr_
Swinger340
Thanks.....nice car, 440cid :D
09.02.2005 at 12:06
kasp
quote:
newton:

Last summer the first E-body was brought to Estonia, some pictures here: http://udu.ee/newton/dodge/ It is actually a '70, the grille and taillights were swapped in the States.

Hello,

I speak in English, then Swinger340c an also understand. I haven't heard for a long time about the Challenger??? How is he doing???

And Swinger340, your car was in the V8 magazine, if I remember well.
09.02.2005 at 23:09
Swinger340
There was small pic of the car in 97 if i remember right...... I wasent the owner then, i have owned this car about one year :)

Some of you might think whats wrong with cars front end.....yah its got 73 valiant front end :D

Engine is 68 340cid fully balanced,arp bolts, ported "J" heads, ross pistons(i think), some mechanical cam, harland sharp roller rockers, edelbrock victor intake and 750 holley.

TF-727 "manual" , A1 turbine stall speed ~3800rpm, 8 1/4 4.56 gears
10.02.2005 at 09:10
Olds

Swinger340- don`t you think that your converters stall speed is little high? Whats your compression ratio?
Little advice- in future when you are going to rebuit engine, change your Ross pistons for Diamond ones. Change you cam and roller rockers for Racer Brown ones. Change your Holley carb for real carb-Demon. And so on...
If you are interested then send me private e-mail. I have contact in USA who knows whats best for Mopar. The guy who is instructing and also makes combo for me...trust me- he`s not like some guy in aftermarket house who dropped out of High School last week and has never seen a V-8 engine in pieces or in some cases even together and he can't even spell Mopar let alone Chrysler. These guys out there can calculate and make real combo for you!
BTW- this Drunkhill Racing dragcar is awsome! ;)

10.02.2005 at 09:21 Last edited 10.02.2005 at 09:44 by Olds
Swinger340
Stall is OK(mayby i chance higher stall :lol ) no problems on street driving but those rear gears are killing me, when i driving on highway, about ~3800-4000rpm`s when i drive 85-100km/h (sound like war is going on) it´s good thing at i have to drive only one Km on highway to get in the city :D
But driving on city streets there is no broblem with those gears.

But hey this is no daily driver so gears are OK and accelration is good with these gears. Cars best ET. is 12.032 with open headers.....and revs as high as 7600rpm if necesery(1/4) (with stock rods) havent broke anything (yet) :lol:

I havent build this engine.......but i am gonna update it..... i alredy got: scat H-beam rods, milodon 4-bolt main caps, milodon water pumb, 850 demon carb and eagle 4.00 stroker crank is on it´s way here......i havent disaid what pistons i would take(and what comperssion ration i would aim for) and i dont know if i chance the heads too......
i am thinking about using roller cam, but block needs little modifications if i want to use roller cam i think.

Yeah that cuda is screamer!!!!!
10.02.2005 at 10:19
Olds

This scat H-beam rods is mistake. Made in China`s sh`t. Use Callais rods. They will cost you about 600...800$
Don`t you think that 850 demon is way big?! Eagle stroker crank...why don`t you use Callais?
What cam you use, whats your engines C/R, whats your heads CC...you cant buy stuff just like this- I think it`s good enough. Everything have to be calculated don`t you think. As you told you don`t know what pistons and compression ratio you gonna use then how can you order your carb? I am sure that it`s too big for your combo

10.02.2005 at 10:36 Last edited 10.02.2005 at 10:38 by Olds
Lembit
quote:
Swinger340: Cars best ET. is 12.032 with open headers.....and revs as high as 7600rpm if necesery(1/4) (with stock rods) havent broke anything (yet) :lol:
Hey! Nice car. If you have an engine, whitch takes the car to 12.0 in 1/4 at only 340 CID. Please take advice about engine building OLNY from the guys, who built the current engine :D
10.02.2005 at 10:50 Last edited 10.02.2005 at 10:51 by Lembit
newton

Yeah, what Lembit said :)
BTW Olds, the company is called Callies, not Callais.
10.02.2005 at 11:05
Olds

I am talking about Callais not Callies. These are two different things. So newton- have to uplift yourself a bit maybe ;)
Lembit- the guy who I am dealing/studing with, drives under 12 seconds with he`s made 340cid...
Anyway Swinger340- if you want advice/help then send me private mail as I told. Discussion board is discussion board if you know what I mean.
BTW: do you know Veli Pekka Piikkilä also?

10.02.2005 at 11:09 Last edited 10.02.2005 at 11:16 by Olds
Lembit
quote:
I am talking about Callais not Callies
Jep, sure, use Callais connecting rods instead of Callies connecting rods.

I am just an ignorant moron, than knows nothing at all about engines.
Never listen to anybody, that does not own any MoPar cars (me).:D
10.02.2005 at 11:25
Olds

Lembit- maybe you cool down and think first or study to use google first before your going to bandy!?

10.02.2005 at 11:33 Last edited 10.02.2005 at 11:43 by Olds
Swinger340
quote:
Olds: This scat H-beam rods is mistake. Made in China`s sh`t. Use Callais rods. They will cost you about 600...800$
Don`t you think that 850 demon is way big?! Eagle stroker crank...why don`t you use Callais?
What cam you use, whats your engines C/R, whats your heads CC...you cant buy stuff just like this- I think it`s good enough. Everything have to be calculated don`t you think. As you told you don`t know what pistons and compression ratio you gonna use then how can you order your carb? I am sure that it`s too big for your combo

I am not rich man so thats why i use jap crap :D (i think they can handle all that i can make)

I dont know heads cc (i gonna messure those when i take heads off and i will take the heads to flow bench) and if i chance those iron heads to aluminium i could add little bit more compression ratio so thats why i havet tought that piston thing yet. I dont think that carb is too big and if i chance heads to better(w2, indy,w5 ) i think it is too small for those heads if i want to make max power.
You can make good power with old j heads if heads are ported proberly.
Mayby i make engine like this....time will tell :D
http://www.scottysplace.net/71Duster/specs.asp
10.02.2005 at 11:35
Olds

You think that stuff what I afford to you cost much more money? You think that I am rich guy:)
Iron heads are OK if they are ported correctly. Don takes he`s under 12seond times with he`s maded iron heads.
But Indy is good choice...

10.02.2005 at 11:38 Last edited 10.02.2005 at 11:41 by Olds
Swinger340
I am really poor guy at this time :( no prober job......but every money i can get goes for that car :lol
10.02.2005 at 11:48
Lembit
quote:
Olds: Lembit- maybe you cool down and think first or study to use google first before your going to bandy!?
Sure. Coolly and calmly.
Please, Olds, educate me about Callais rods.
I am seriously looking for good value for money rods, that can take 100 hp/cylinder.
10.02.2005 at 12:22
Swinger340
And another reason why i take those cheaper rods and crank was that the block is the weakest part...... it would be bad thing if i explode the block and i destroy the expensive rods and cranks at same time...(i gonna use "hardblock" on new engine)

Ah i forget that i got: Milodon gear drive also (update parts) :)

Here is good stroker combos if somebody is intrested:
http://www.mopar1.us/stroker.html
10.02.2005 at 13:02
max
quote:
Olds:Anyway Swinger340- if you want advice/help then send me private mail as I told. Discussion board is discussion board if you know what I mean.
What's wrong with it? I think that whole idea of message board is to educate people, who don't know much about "things". So, if you don't mind, please continue your topic about properly built Mopar combos and let us learn from real Mopar experts ;)
10.02.2005 at 15:11
Swinger340
I am not engine wizzard :D but trying to be :lol

By to way here is guy ho prings some good parts here in finland....not bad prices.....mayby he could send parts estonia too. Yes you guys probably got own contacts there...but if not, try him.

http://www.paalupaikka.com/ca-osatuonti/

How about kick ass smallblock :D

MOPAR 358cid Pro Stock engine +920hp

-Bryant crank
-R5 block
-W8 heads
-MGP connecting rods
-JE pistons
-Davinci carbs
-Jim Bell intake manifold
-Stef´sump oilpan
-Moroso Dry sump
-Cylinder Heads by Bell,Lump, Madcap, Jennings in that order
-Jesel timing belt
-Electric waterpump
-Camshaft by LSM
-Jesel
-Jesel Rockers

-Mukana uudet W8 kannet
-Uusi R5 lohko

12000 euroa Suomessa.
10.02.2005 at 15:40
jyrki
Olds, seems like you have listened to a "certain" Don too much! Stop listening him, he's a hard headed yankee that will guide you wrong and make you spend a lot more money than needed + "save" on some spots that others find more sensible to spend on. It's quite a coinsidence, that only he knows the things, and only the things he sell are the ones worth using. In my opinion, he has done nothing so big that he should be worth listening with his strict opinions. But he has got a lot of them :D
His common phrases are " they are junk" about products he has never used or even seen. He has got some themes, one is a Demon carb (if I remeber correctly, it was tehrmoquads before demons came around), nothing else is worth using. Take a look at what the majority of the race cars are driving with? Is it because the race car drivers do not want to run quick, or is it because they are stupid? Demons have some nice faeatures and are inexpensive compared to others with same features. But where does that cheap price come from? Has someone finally realized how to make a superior, similar product than the competitors for half less? People have had issues with them, having a demon is not a key to happiness.

Diamond pistons is another. Who uses them? I can assure you that they are good pistons. Just like Wisecos or SRP pistons, not state of art, but fully usable. ROSS's are a little higher priced, but one step further up waht comes in to design and lightness etc. Then there are others like CRP's, BCR's, Bill Millers etc that cost even more. Once again, look at what pistons racers are using. If Diamond is THE manufacturer to use, why is it that there is propably way less than 1% using them?

Racer Brown is a company that has made cams for.....a long time. It has never grown big. For example the old mopar performance and direct connection cams were all actually racer brown designs. They make good cams, no doubpt about it. And they know mopars too. But so can all the other manufacturers, competition cams, crane etc. The key is to pick the right cam for your combination. Again, there are several mopar cam gurus like Hughes that for some reason are more famous than Racer Brown. And then there are some real cam gurus that will design a cam just for you, people that build competitive engines all the time. Like Porter Head Service or Straightline Performance. Racer Brown has some nice valvetrain parts too, like the cams tehy are good too, but there are others, better ones that usually cost more, and cheaper ones that can handle teh job as well in most cases.

Then he has got a chinese part hate. I guess because he lives in USA, he has even some point to that. But he describes them as "junk" without any evidence. He wants you to buy some triple priced oliver rods instead. I sonät know, but my engines have never puked because of those chinese parts, but they have puked many times because of "american quality parts".

His last big thing is ignition. He builds distributors and factory style ignition boxes. They are undoubptly good, but it will take you thirty minutes to make a "performance" ignition curve in to your distributor that in most cases will show a clear seat of the pants performance increase. Of course things lioke indexed reluctors and such are nice, ARE engineering has been selling them for a long time. Before you have done all the ignition upgrades he offer, you would have well purchased a MSD pro billet distributor and ignition box.

Sorry for the went, I just can't stand that "preacher" and his jumping on everyones eyes trying desperately to sell his products, the ones and onlys.

We can also look at it this way; if Swinger 340 were to change his ross or whatever pistons to diamonds, what would he gain? And then continue that list one at the time, check the cost and the gain and you will have a nice sum spent with a little or no gain.

Is'nt your "swinger" MekaaNikko's old car? If it is, I remeber it run pretty decently.

http://4secondsflat.com/FBO_Catalog_index.html
11.02.2005 at 09:54 Last edited 11.02.2005 at 13:06 by jyrki
Swinger340
BTW: do you know Veli Pekka Piikkilä also?

Yes.....not in person......but i have got little email conversation with him, and thats about it.
11.02.2005 at 11:18
tqhq.ee foorum : In English : Mopars in estonia(espesially A-Body)   1 2  
Account recovery

muskelautod | kiirendusvõistlused | tehnika | üritused | autoesitlused | foorum | sõnastik | kalkulaatorid
tqhq'st | sisukaart | e-mail
© tqhq.ee 2000 - 2024. Loe meie materjalide linkimisest ja kopeerimisest.