register | account recovery | profile | help / abiinfo | search
show today's posts | mark all read
ukraina
tqhq.ee foorum : In English : Drag Racing in Estonia?? Team from Poland would like to visit you  
Poster Message
vtg-team
Drag Racing in Estonia?? Team from Poland would like to visit you
Hi,

we would like to visit Estonia in 2007 and start in your Drag Racing events (1/4mile). We would like to bring 9sec vette, 9 sec 4x4 Typhoon, 11sec Civic. Can you tell me which events are the best, when, what are class and tech rules, links etc? We would like also to invite you to Polish Drag Racing Championships in 2007.

Thanks for help! :)
27.09.2006 at 14:09
newton

Hello and welcome,

it would sure be interesting to see some of those cars on our tracks next summer.

As far as I know, the event schedule for 2007 has not yet been set by the BHRA (Baltic Hot Rod Association). For what it's worth, the dates for this year's events are here:

http://www.bhra.ee/index.php/page,dragracing

Hopefully someone here will be able to give you some pointers on events, classes and rules, or you could contact BHRA directly:

http://www.bhra.ee/index.php/page,kontaktid
27.09.2006 at 15:02
peep

Yes, it would be nice to see some new quick rides in our events.

As said already, race schedule is not agreed yet.

I doubt, that there is anywhere our technical requierments online in English, so I will copy here the information, I did send to Lithuanian competitors few years ago, with some updates.

quote:
Last time in Haaplsalu, there was a problem with some Lithuanian cars, because they were not in accordance with safety requierments, whch are applied in all Estonian drag race competitions. I give a brief overview, what is requied, so one can participate in our races:

All Cars: Street classes (A to C): Driver must have drivers licence and car should be registered, but no valid TÜV is required. Helmet is mandatory. Outlaw (D) cars don't have to be registered.

3 point seat belts mandatory
wheels free, but any wheel modification is not allowed. Wheels should be covered.
Street classes (A to C) max tire contact patch width 10,5" otherwise free. Wider tires can be used only, if they are E or DOT certified. Outlaw class, no limitations.

Interior can be removed, but front doors should have lining. Also, front doors should open, both from inside and outside.

Minimum weights (with driver) for Street classes:

0-1000 cm3 450 kg + every beginning 100 cm3 over 1000 cm3 adds 40 kg.
2001 cm3 850 kg + every beginning 100 cm3 over 2001 cm3 adds 20 kg.
3001 cm3 1050 kg + every beginning 100 cm3 over 3001 cm3 adds 10 kg.
5001 cm3 1250 kg + every beginning 100 cm3 over 5001 cm3 adds 5 kg, but not over 1400 kg.

Up to 50 kg. ballast can be added. Outlaw class has no minimum weight requierments. Multiplier of 1,7 is used, to calculate the displacement of turbo-/nitro-/supercharged cars.

If car runs faster than 12,5 seconds, 4 point safety belts are required.

If car runs faster than 11,5 seconds then it should be equipped with rollbar. Also, such cars should have external power switch and in case if it has driveshaft, it should be equipped with safety loop. All oil tubes should have threaded connections.

If car runs faster than 11 seconds, it should be equipped with 6 point rollcage, drivers safety net and non-reclining drivers seat. Driver should wear racing suit and use SNELL or SFI certified helmet (certification can be expired).

If car runs faster than 10 second, it should be equipped with 8 point rollcage.

Cars which run over 240 kmh, should be equipped with parachute.

This is short overview, hope you understand that safety is important and that those requierments are absolute minimum

Basically we try to follow FIA regulations, so if your car complies with that, it should be ok.

Our classes are:

A: Up to 4 litres non-aspirated engine.
B: Over 4 litres non-aspirated engine, except bigblock and up to 4 litres forced induction.
C: Over 4 litres forced induction and bigblock.
D: Outlaw
E: Bikes up to 600 cm3
F: Bikes 601 cm3 and more

forced induction = turbo, blower, nitrous. Each separately or all combined, doesn't matter.

Also, I recommend to read as an example of our race rules, the rules of one last year event. All major events, belonging to championship series have similar rules.

If any questions, let us know.
27.09.2006 at 15:53 4 edits. Last edited 27.09.2006 at 16:10 by peep (Moderator)
vtg-team
Wow interesting classes - so all FWD like Honda or AWD Evo runs in up to 4 litres?

We have bit different.
We plan to make
FWD, AWD, RWD or FWD, AWD, RWD, V8, Diesel for new big event
and we would like to invite all fast guys from your country and all Baltic. Anyone interested? Thanks for contact, I already talk with Andrus Mysovski from BHRA about making something international :)

In Polish Nationals there are since 2003 (shortly):
up to 1550 N/A
up to 1550 Forced ind.
FWD N/A
FWD Forced Ind
AWD/RWD N/A
AWD/RWD Forced ind. up to 5 cylinder.
Over 6 cylinder (AWD Forced ind.)
Outlaw
Bikes - 3 classes.
But its too much.

Whats your best ET's? Do you have dragstrips or airports with vht?
27.09.2006 at 17:03
peep

To be completely fair, each competitor should have their own class.:D But there is limit somewhere and we have eliminated different drivetrain layouts from classifications. Run what you brung and hope it's good enough ! Some FWD guys have shown, that 10 sec. is not a problem...

National records are here.

but consider, that we have 1% backup run rule, so actually in most classes cars have gone faster, but failed to make backup run. Also, foreign competitors don't qualify as national record holders. Last table "RAJAREKORDID" (track records) gives an idea, how fast some have gone here. We run on airfields and don't use VHT.
27.09.2006 at 17:28 2 edits. Last edited 27.09.2006 at 17:32 by peep (Moderator)
vtg-team
No vht, FWD and 10 sec? Hmm is it 1/4 mile? :) What FWD made 10?
27.09.2006 at 17:41
peep

Yeah, now when I checked, it appears that it was 11,0@228km/h and no, not on unprepped airfield:lol, but on Alastaro dragstrip. This car btw.
27.09.2006 at 17:48
vtg-team
We are comming to you in 2007 for sure!! As I can see, you have some nice events.
Do you think, some of YOU would like to come to Poland on our event? VHT and big money prizes will be waiting.
27.09.2006 at 18:12
peep

From what I could see on your website, you are running on very similar tracks like ours. Don't know whats your experience, here we used VHT several years ago, but never get good results. Mostly due to lack of proper equipment, which didn't allow to create the sufficent rubber layer, needed for track glue to work. So it was decided, that it's not worth the hassle and $$$.

Sure it's very slippery for faster cars in the beginning of the day, but it usually gets better towards eliminations. Outlaw cars get on good day 1,5-1,6 short times and occasionally sub 1,4.

What kind of money prizes you can get in Poland ?
27.09.2006 at 20:21 1 edit. Last edited 27.09.2006 at 20:22 by peep (Moderator)
AndriusT

Hello guys!
very glad to find ths forum! I have contacted Andrus at the end of this summer with idea to join BHRA and run NEZ drag racing Cup all over the Baltics. We have good strip here in Lithuania too (foto: www.airiuparkas.lt ), and we are ready to biuld it up to FIA standarts. Idea was to have three races - race per country - one in ee, other in lv and in lt. For first year eight cars per country would be ok, because we can use current existing events like Kohuke and give several extra runs for certain Cup.
We had a meeting dedicated to this idea - Lithuanian LASF comittee man, and most dedicated drag people. All of us agreed on that it is possible, and guys were very interested. Even Lithuanian regular Championaship organisers agreed to give one race in Kedainiai strip, and maybe make one BIG festival with BBQ and rest stuff. One day - Lithuanian Cup, other - BHRA.
Now problem is I cant get detailed rules of BHRA. Those people who already comes to Estonia (you shoul know Simas honda and other guys) - they only now their own class. In general I think rules are very smart because it is easier to accomodate V8 and sport compacts all together.
Also we have constant contacts with Swedish racers, and they agree to come next Year if we make right calendar. Top fuel including, several door cars and stockers. This could be BIG SHOW if we try hard, I think.
What I realy NEED right now is Rules of BHRA, and new calendar of 2007 (Andrus told me it is ready). And in English or Russia please! Because I cant get it from Andrus(he seems too busy), maybe You can helpme? Im very bad in estonian, believe me!:D
Now I spreaded this idea in Lithuania and people dont know how to prepare cars in all words - safety and perfomance. Under Lithuanian cars upper U must be mean open slicks? Yes it is true, we allow them here, but it is such a small thing to cover them if we have chance to compete internationaly! And winter in our garage is only one week long, so please provide us with this info if You can!
Best regards
Andrius
www.degantysratai.lt

P.s. we have english board in our forum too and ll be very pleased to have You guys in!
12.11.2006 at 21:12 1 edit. Last edited 12.11.2006 at 21:14 by AndriusT
tfr

quote:
AndriusT: Idea was to have three races - race per country - one in ee, other in lv and in lt.

I don't know if it's a problem or not, but quartermile is still prohibited in Latvia - 1/8 is the best they are allowed to do.

quote:
For first year eight cars per country would be ok, because we can use current existing events like Kohuke and give several extra runs for certain Cup.

I don't think it makes sense to limit the number of participants. We can just name the competitions that will be part of the NEZ Cup - if there are more than eight cars per country who are interested in running the full cup, then what's the harm? Chances are that if they like the track, they will come back for non-cup races as well.

quote:
Now problem is I cant get detailed rules of BHRA. Those people who already comes to Estonia (you shoul know Simas honda and other guys) - they only now their own class. In general I think rules are very smart because it is easier to accomodate V8 and sport compacts all together.

I can hereby volunteer to take translating the rules on myself, if Andrus or Evelyn lets me know that they will go unchanged for 07.
12.11.2006 at 00:42 1 edit. Last edited 12.11.2006 at 00:43 by tfr
AndriusT

Andrus told me that they have changed something a little, also made calendar for 2007. It would be great to get those rules! I can contact him today, and I'll tell here what we came to. I do it. Maybe You can give me private message with Your mobile number? Thanks.
Andrius
13.11.2006 at 11:48
tfr

quote:
AndriusT: Andrus told me that they have changed something a little

The only change I'm aware of is that the index of the C class will be 10.5 seconds - cars under that will fall into the D (Outlaw) class. Everything else should go unchanged.
13.11.2006 at 11:53
tqhq.ee foorum : In English : Drag Racing in Estonia?? Team from Poland would like to visit you  
Account recovery

muskelautod | kiirendusvõistlused | tehnika | üritused | autoesitlused | foorum | sõnastik | kalkulaatorid
tqhq'st | sisukaart | e-mail
© tqhq.ee 2000 - 2024. Loe meie materjalide linkimisest ja kopeerimisest.