register | account recovery | profile | help / abiinfo | search
show today's posts | mark all read
ukraina
tqhq.ee foorum : In English : Intro  
Poster Message
AndriusT

Intro
Hi,

forgot to introduce us, Lithuanian Club "Degantys ratai". Our Club is new, officialy born at 14 of september this year, but we are in local drag race from year 2000. Drag racing community is small in Lithuania, all comact based. Lack of good strips and absence of drag racing past and traditions makes us learn from zero point. This year best ET in Lithuania was 10.45 second. We wisit Estonia almost every year, come to Rock race regulary. Myself Im technican, not driver, but almost every year You have few lithuanian cars in parnu think.
This year we rented best strip in country, located in Kedainiai, geographical center of Lithuania. It is asphalt over 1m thick concrete heavy transport military airplane landing field, last time rebuilt at 1985. It is 2000 meters long and 60 meters wide aifield no concrete stratches on it, very good condition strip.
We have serious plans to build stationary dragstrip there, invite fast cars from scandinavia, and of course, all baltic dragracers polish and russian, and make BIG festival next summer.
What do You guys thing about it? Is it realistic to do so?
Thank You and good luck. Pictures from last race in Kedainiai are here: http://foto.degantysratai.lt/thumbnails.php?album=21

Andrius
12.11.2006 at 22:44
peep

Intro
quote:
Is it realistic to do so?

Sure it's doable, if you are able to get enough sponsors to make the event truly large, manage to get lot of media coverage and therefore enough spectators and don't screw up with organising. And when its not raining for whole day.:D

The problem with foreign competitors is, that you run street classes. And racers running in those classes are usually not backed up with loads of sponsors money. To come over from any Scandinavian country will cost a lot - unless you can pay for ferry tickets and gas, which you probably can't. To come over from Russia will cost even more, as cars have to be trailered for long distance, everyone should buy expensive visa and there is lot of ahead planning and paprework involved - not the strongest side of dragracing enthusiasts. It's realistic to gather together racers from Baltics. Maybe I'm too pessimistic, but this is my experience from running the rockrace event.

If any foreign competitor considers to come, he must first feel that this event is well organised, safe, fun and competitive. He will spend a lot of his own money and time to participate.

Webpage with all materials in English is good start and absolutely must to do. Reasonable rules would not hurt also. Do not make rules, which outlaws cars that are legal for their homeland events. For example, do not require E sertified street tires, like it once was in Lit events.

Our competition rules are standard for all local championship races. You can look one example here. Technical rules are not translated yet, but most important requierments are outlined by me in another thread here, where you have posted.
12.11.2006 at 23:58
AndriusT

Intro
Thanks for answer, peep. Actualy all You mentioned we know well. Street classes are dominant all over Baltics, I think. Now problem is - if we have 12 second 3 liter nitrous car, and we plan to go BHRA rules, we may go both ways - refuse nitrous and tune car n/a and work for good gearing, or stay with nitrous and go to class over 4 liters. These desicions are costy and time consuming, and dedicated to certain rules and regulations, wich we CANNOT get for beginning. You have weight limits, right?
Continuing swedish theme, we talk to them directly every week, and we know well what they want to have to come over here.
Russians...there are Kaliningrad state, and several people from big russia comming for tune up and repair to Lithuania with street+ sort of cars.
So I myself do not see any real problems to do this event, only thing is we are looking for enthuasiasm from all sides. Because this is the only way to find language and make things happened.

Best regards
Andrius
13.11.2006 at 12:44
peep

Intro
quote:
AndriusT: Thanks for answer, peep. Actualy all You mentioned we know well. Street classes are dominant all over Baltics, I think. Now problem is - if we have 12 second 3 liter nitrous car, and we plan to go BHRA rules, we may go both ways - refuse nitrous and tune car n/a and work for good gearing, or stay with nitrous and go to class over 4 liters. These desicions are costy and time consuming, and dedicated to certain rules and regulations, wich we CANNOT get for beginning. You have weight limits, right?

As I said, look the rules from other thread - there are classes and weight limits all described.
13.11.2006 at 13:54
tqhq.ee foorum : In English : Intro  
Account recovery

muskelautod | kiirendusvõistlused | tehnika | üritused | autoesitlused | foorum | sõnastik | kalkulaatorid
tqhq'st | sisukaart | e-mail
© tqhq.ee 2000 - 2024. Loe meie materjalide linkimisest ja kopeerimisest.