register | account recovery | profile | help / abiinfo | search
show today's posts | mark all read
ukraina
tqhq.ee foorum : Hooldus ja remont : 1lb of Boost= How much HP?  
Poster Message
urmas
1lb of Boost= How much HP?
Väljavõte ühest huvitavast vestlusest. Aluseks on võetud Fordi 5.0L kompressoriga boostitud mootor.

Q: I've heard 1lb of boost is worth 10hp, can anyone verify?

A: I found about 12 to 15 at the wheels for each psi.

A: Assuming 100% net gain, 1lb of boost is worth 6.8% of your engines N/A HP rating. For example, if your engine in N/A mode is rated at 300HP, then adding 1lb of boost to it should net a gain of 20HP. It will actually be less than 6.8% because of thermal and frictional loses, and other stuff. I would use 5% and that should get you close. Keep in mind this is flywheel HP, not RWHP.
31.01.2002 at 12:32
urmas
A: Roughly, you can expect to gain about the same power difference percentage as you gain induction pressure percentage. The equation is HPafter = ((14.7 + boost)/14.7)*HPbefore. For instance, if you have a 200HP engine and you add 7.5psi boost, you can expect to have about 300HP. This is an estimate, not an exact calculation so take it for what it is worth. In reality, it will likely be just
a bit less than that due to inefficiencies and air density losses due to heating. If you are intercooled, you will get closer to this estimated power.
31.01.2002 at 22:21
ats

Turbo puhul ei olegi niivõrd tähtsad hobuseid, kuivõrd väände tõus.
Hobuseid tõuseb turbo lisamisel näiteks 1.2 korda, moment aga 1.7 korda.
Seega on turbo hobused nö "võimsamad". Ehk kui on sama raske auto vabalthingavalt X hobust ja teine auto sama võimas turboga, siis väände vahe on päris tõhus ja turbo auto läbib ET kiiremini ka.
01.02.2002 at 13:05
peep

ats - kõik "hobused" on alati võrdselt "võimsad". Sa ehk tahtsid äelda, et turbo parandab momendikõverat läbi pööretevahemiku...tugevama midrangega auto on tõesti kiirem.
01.02.2002 at 13:27
tqhq.ee foorum : Hooldus ja remont : 1lb of Boost= How much HP?  
Account recovery

muskelautod | kiirendusvõistlused | tehnika | üritused | autoesitlused | foorum | sõnastik | kalkulaatorid
tqhq'st | sisukaart | e-mail
© tqhq.ee 2000 - 2024. Loe meie materjalide linkimisest ja kopeerimisest.