register | account recovery | profile | help / abiinfo | search
show today's posts | mark all read
ukraina
tqhq.ee foorum : In English : Raw, unfinished preliminar Kedainiu Dragrace 2007 announcement  
Poster Message
AndriusT

Raw, unfinished preliminar Kedainiu Dragrace 2007 announcement
Ladies and Gentlemen,

We are proud to announce, that in the end of June 2007 near Kedainiai town in Lithuania, ex-military airfield of Dauksiai Drag racing festival “Kedainiu Dragrace” will take place. Exact date of happening will be known in march 2007 and will be announced in press and internet. Festival will last two days, at weekend. Preliminar program of Festival is:

Day I

1. Lithuanian Drag racing Championship Kedainiai Cup.
2. Lithuanian Drifting Championship;*
3. Bike Fiest Kedainiai 2007;
4. DJ and Rock music event;
5. Top Fuel and Nitro Funny car Show;

Day II

1. BHRA(Baltic hot rod association) Dragracing Cup stage I
2. First ever Lithuanian Bike Drag racing event;
3. Automotive Sound Show;
4. Top Fuel and Nitro Funny car Show;
5. “Bracket” racing event*

Kedainiai is a geographical center of Lithuania, town with population of 30 000 people, beatifull old town. Dauksiu airfield is a theritory of 172 hectares, just a five minutes to drive from central street of Kedainiai town. The area will be open for campers and tents, food and beverages will be available at all weekend day and night.
You can wiew airfield from the bird flight at www.airiuparkas.lt It is surrouded by military airplane parking hills, on top of which open fireplaces will be seen all weekend long. Detailed information on how to reach the place will be placed in most petrol stations around, also in our page www.degantysratai.lt and direction signs when entering town.
Area will be surrounded by wall, security personel will stay day and night in place.
Entrance will be paid. Comfortable and good positioned V.I.P. seats will be available, proffesional timing equipment with timer board will be seen.
Racing track we prepare according to all egzisting safety regulations and laws. 700 meter Stop lane with sand field, rubbered and glued track and track service team, firebrigade, ambulance, safety and service cars – all a must we are taking care of.
Because festival racing program contains three big racing events – three Drag racing Cups with different rules and Drifting event, we will not place here detailed information on technical details. It all can be found out at our internet page www.degantysratai.lt, my personal email atiknius@degantysratai.lt or by phone +37062030012
All racers and spectators are welcome!

With best regards,
Andrius Tiknius
www.degantysratai.lt

* - program of Festival may change.

23.01.2007 at 01:10
peep

Sounds promising, good luck with the event !
24.01.2007 at 13:12
AndriusT

Tank You. We come to Kohuke too...
24.01.2007 at 23:08
aeropark

Eurodragster about Ferrometal Motorshow Kedainiai 2007

http://www.eurodragster.com/news/news.asp

Carbon By Design Fuel team owner Knut Soderquist has been in touch
with the latest from the CBD workshops:

The Lithuania Drag Racing Festival ended up a huge surprise for me and even for the promoter.
After helping to promote the race for a week in different shopping malls we went to the race track on the
Thursday afternon. To our surprise there were already a lot of people at the track. There was also a
stage for rock and roll bands and a couple of artists well-known to the crowd from Lithuanian television.
They also prepared a track for drifting which is very popular there. I think it was a very smart idea
to get people to come and see drag racing for more or less the first time. This was an old Russian airfield very similar
to Wittstock but the track needs to be repaved. The owner of the airfield was very impressed with what he
saw and with the promoters is now in the process of getting the track up to standard.

The interest shown by the crowd was overwhelming and I see no problem in making this a big success.
I think there were between 11,000 and 15,000 people. For all of Saturday there were three queues
of cars waiting to get in. I think that this was well done as it was the first time they had run a large event.
Not only that, but they provided all of the racers with free power for the whole weekend.
I want to thank Andrus and Tommas for a great week and weekend, and we are ready for next year which I know
will be even better.

I am almost finished with my second Fuel Funny Car which is a 2004 Pontiac Firebird with a McKinney
chassis. I have a couple of people interested in driving the car. Also my frend Jonny Nilsson just
got the car which Frank Pedegron was driving for the Dunn family. The car has very few runs on it
and looks very good. There are a few plans for that car and right now it looks to be a Danish driver.

I know that there are very big fields at the two major tracks, Santa Pod and Mantorp Park, and I understand
that right now there is no need for our Funny Cars, but I know that one day people will get tired seeing the same
movie. There has been big interest shown between the Funny Car owners and tracks in Sweden, Germany, Lithuania and
Norway to run a Championship next year. In all here in Sweden and Norway we have six nitro Funny Cars
and we ar not garage racers. We will be out there and hopefully come back to Santa Pod, the Mecca of Funny Car
racing.

01.09.2007 at 10:02
aeropark

Also we have new rules project for Kedainiai 2008 Cup

Constructive comments appreciated

Aeroprkas Cup Kedainiai 2008 rules

Street legal classes:

Street legal class A

N/A Gasoline and free induction diesel fuel cars

Street legal class B

Forced induction engines free displacement

Technical reglament for Street legal:

MOT
Fuel – gasoline up to 98 oktane, diesel, biodiesel, E85.
Mufflers essential
Dot tires minimum V speed mark .
Full interior, fenders, hood, grilles, windshields, windows.If fuel system was modified, hood locks must be external only.
Full chasis, no welded diff allowed.

Quallifying up to 12.9 second ¼ mile

Super street class

Full exterior - bumpers, grilles, lights and lamps, working doors, plastic body parts allowed except windshield and non-removable body parts.
Any way of lightening, cutting or modifying non-removable body is strictly prohibited.
Dash panel stock.
Mufflers essential
Chasis modifications moderate, full assembled front chasis a must.
Any type of induction allowed, any fuel.
Fuel tank must be not inside drivers compartment.
Engine must be of same manufacturer as body, in original position.
Any turbo/supercharged conversions, nitrous okside systems free to use.
External hood locks only.
High speed minimum Z rated street tires only.
Sport license for driver a must.

Quallifying up to 11.9 second ¼ mile.

Sport compact class.

Sport vehicle class. Sport passport of vehicle from any legal authority.
Safety roll cage a must. Racing tires and chasis components free.
Engine displacement up to 3800 cc3
Free induction system. Free exhaust. Free fuel
Sport license for driver.Sport suit for driver a must.

Quallifying up to 10.9 second ¼ mile.

Competition eliminator class

Cars of all kind – classic, roadters, dragsters, altered, street and sport classes, trucks and vans
- all allowed.
Sport licensed drivers only. Handycap bracket rules apply.
Bracket ET taisyklės.
For vehicles faster than 10.9 seconds, chute is a must

Any ET accepted

01.09.2007 at 10:18
peep

those classes are remarkably different to ours, but if you think it works at local scene, then why not ? Most important is to stick with the same classes for several years, so people can build their cars to be competitive according the rules. I would also watch out, what equipment is currently run, you don't want to outlaw many of current machinery. Otherwise just two remarks, it is very difficult to control fuel and using street tires makes racing more expensive(as you need more power to go fast) and also more dangerous.
01.09.2007 at 13:39
aeropark

quote:
peep: those classes are remarkably different to ours, but if you think it works at local scene, then why not ? Most important is to stick with the same classes for several years, so people can build their cars to be competitive according the rules. I would also watch out, what equipment is currently run, you don't want to outlaw many of current machinery. Otherwise just two remarks, it is very difficult to control fuel and using street tires makes racing more expensive(as you need more power to go fast) and also more dangerous.
Thank You peep for answer. Yes, I agree, street car is always more expencive to build up than same result modified car in all meanings. BUT we consider, that street car should be streetable first of all, and it should never go faster than 12.5 @ 200 km/h, otherwise none off the stock factory built safety issues remains safe enough.
I only doubt if we should'nt split superstreet class into n/a ant forced induction, because we still have few very constant racers driving stock nonboosted engines in light bodies.

02.09.2007 at 22:08
peep

quote:
aeropark: BUT we consider, that street car should be streetable first of all and it should never go faster than 12.5 @ 200 km/h

To achieve this time, most "affordable" cars has to be extensively modified and it is much more expensive to do engine-, body- and suspension work, than slap on the pair of dragracing tires. In addition, latter variant is more safe.

What regards streetability, then if I should choose between removing most of the interior (or making engine modification, which ruins fuel economy or everyday driveability) of my everyday streetcar or simply getting pair of tyres, no doubt what my choice would be. IMO dragracing tyres allow the cars to be more streetable, in case you are going to use index classes, not vice versa.

03.09.2007 at 11:40
tqhq.ee foorum : In English : Raw, unfinished preliminar Kedainiu Dragrace 2007 announcement  
Account recovery

muskelautod | kiirendusvõistlused | tehnika | üritused | autoesitlused | foorum | sõnastik | kalkulaatorid
tqhq'st | sisukaart | e-mail
© tqhq.ee 2000 - 2024. Loe meie materjalide linkimisest ja kopeerimisest.