register | account recovery | profile | help / abiinfo | search
show today's posts | mark all read
ukraina
tqhq.ee foorum : Modifitseerimine : Mopari SB modimine.   1 2 3  
Poster Message
Olds

Mopari SB modimine.
quote:
jyrki: Just got one "museo" engine done and dynoed. It was a pretty basic package with 9.5:1 cast pistons, early 90's head castings and a small flat tappet hydraulic cam. http://jymy1.typepad.com/blog/2011/01/dyno-session.html#tp The engine was internally tweaked here & there, and I was pretty happy with the results, factory promised 290 hp at 5000 and 462 nm at 3400.
Great numbers with low budget parts!This is why I still cant understand guys who wants to use fancy expencive parts in their regular street motors if it can be done with factory heads, flat tappet cam etc.
After our team Dodge Van is painted it`s time to make final tuning to my freshly rebuilded 318cid motor and see what we get out of it. Actually its amazing how big difference is with OEM exhaust manifold and headers...31hp and 45Nm!

04.02.2011 at 11:40 1 edit. Last edited 04.02.2011 at 11:45 by Olds
jyrki
Mopari SB modimine.
True, and the manifolds used were the "sought after" early 340 manifolds. The 1 5/8" headers were too small, and the difference in teh peak power would propably have been greater with § 3/4 or 1 7/8, but with the expense of low end tq. Sämpy told even greater differncies with SB chevys "buckhorn" manifolds, which are pretty commonly believed to be as good as headers. :D
04.02.2011 at 13:11
tqhq.ee foorum : Modifitseerimine : Mopari SB modimine.   1 2 3  
Account recovery

muskelautod | kiirendusvõistlused | tehnika | üritused | autoesitlused | foorum | sõnastik | kalkulaatorid
tqhq'st | sisukaart | e-mail
© tqhq.ee 2000 - 2024. Loe meie materjalide linkimisest ja kopeerimisest.