register | account recovery | profile | help / abiinfo | search
show today's posts | mark all read
ukraina
tqhq.ee foorum : Modifitseerimine : SBC 350 -> 300+ hp   1 2  
Poster Message
Lembit
SBC 350 -> 300+ hp
quote:
svenson: ah nii! küll ma olin ikka loll ja ostsin auto millele BB vahele ei mahu... krt küll.
Peaks ju mahtuma. Isegi Cadillac 500ci V8 on proovitud ;)
08.08.2003 at 13:48
jyrki
SBC 350 -> 300+ hp
quote:
vvt:
quote:
jyrki: 300 hp should be pretty easy.

Can you please suggest what setup is good for 350 hp from 350 SBC for DIY guy who has
some basic knowledge about engine rebuilding. About cams - for europeans - there is a
lot of crap available, what is the best $/quality ratio for V8?

Building the engine to Edelbrock Performer RPM specs should make it, and then some. I have not used the Performer RPM cam in a 350, but in a 327 it was kind of a high winder. Not much torque below 3000 rpm or so, but from that on the torque curve was very steady up to about 6500 rpm where the 327 made 408 hp and run 12.3's in a '56 210 chevy. I think that you could use another cam instead, like Competition Cams XHE 284, or the one step smaller. If not using the RPM heads, you should have 2.02/1.60" valves installed and do at least some bowl porting to the heads to take advantage of the bigger valves. Next is the CR, it should be at least 9:1. If doing a rebuild, I would build the short block to LT1 specs using TRW L2304 pistons.
08.08.2003 at 14:05
svenson
SBC 350 -> 300+ hp
quote:
Lembit:
quote:
svenson: ah nii! küll ma olin ikka loll ja ostsin auto millele BB vahele ei mahu... krt küll.
Peaks ju mahtuma. Isegi Cadillac 500ci V8 on proovitud ;)

aga ei näe sellel erilist mõtet... ma arvan et selle asjaga on juba nii et see, mis olemas on... on alati vähe...

parem siis juba mingi camaro ja BB sest seal on juba seda know how'd kõvasti ja siin jalgratast leituada oleks vast äärmiselt loll. kuid ma arvan, et alustan siiski väikse blokki mootoriga... ühesõnaga teen endale selgeks sisepõlemise mootori põhitõed kõigepealt... siis kunagi hiljem võiks juba BB poole vaadata...
08.08.2003 at 14:37
vvt

SBC 350 -> 300+ hp
quote:
jyrki:
If not using the RPM heads, you should have 2.02/1.60" valves installed and do at least some bowl porting to the heads to take advantage of the bigger valves. Next is the CR, it should be at least 9:1. If doing a rebuild, I would build the short block to LT1 specs using TRW L2304 pistons.

But how tuneable those OEM cast iron heads are and how far you can port them without
danger of cracking? Some heads that I have seen have valves going very close to cylinder
bore so any bigger valves will take serious modification to fit and if set of heads can be
bought for some 1000 USD makes this troublesome cast-iron grinding pointless?
08.08.2003 at 15:06
jyrki
SBC 350 -> 300+ hp
If you have money to buy new heads, there is no sence in porting and rebuilding old ones. I think that heads like Performer RPM are a great deal; you get new well working heads that have screw in studs, guide plates, good quality valves, live with unleaded, have good springs & retainers and maybe even better compustion chambers and so on. Rebuilding old heads with the same quality parts will cost at least half of the new heads. The result is that you have heads that even wehn ported do not perform as well, and can crack the next week and become useless.
08.08.2003 at 15:25
vvt

SBC 350 -> 300+ hp
quote:
jyrki: If you have money to buy new heads, there is no sence in porting and rebuilding old ones.

Porting and rebuilding old ones is mostly european/japanese business, where no one sells
good HP heads with sensible price......:(
08.08.2003 at 15:45
vvt

SBC 350 -> 300+ hp
quote:
jyrki: If you have money to buy new heads, there is no sence in porting and rebuilding old ones

One more question to jyrki: how far you suggest to build an SBC 350 so that it will remain
streetable (regular smooth idle, CO emission not more that 3,5%, acceptable power delivery
under 2000 rpm? How many hp? Thats my last question:)
10.08.2003 at 13:21
jyrki
SBC 350 -> 300+ hp
In 350 size 300-350 hp propably pretty easy, although I'm not familiar with the emissions, so it's kind of a guestimate.
11.08.2003 at 11:44
tqhq.ee foorum : Modifitseerimine : SBC 350 -> 300+ hp   1 2  
Account recovery

muskelautod | kiirendusvõistlused | tehnika | üritused | autoesitlused | foorum | sõnastik | kalkulaatorid
tqhq'st | sisukaart | e-mail
© tqhq.ee 2000 - 2024. Loe meie materjalide linkimisest ja kopeerimisest.